Friday 3 October 2014

We've moved in!

After about a week of doing the floors my parents and I were completely exhausted! Our knees were all sore and our muscles aching! There was dirt and dust everywhere and so many off cuts of flooring, boxes and tools. It felt like a construction site not a home yet.
Gradually, the floor was completed with just a few edges to finish off as well as inside the kids robes. It looks gorgeous, really love the colour and can't wait to see all of the furniture and accessories in the house.
My husband only took a couple of days off work to move everything so he hasn't been at the house much.

So last weekend we finished moving everything to the garage (it's chockers). Because the floor was still being done we only put the essentials inside to start with (it was like camping...I really hate camping lol). Throughout the week I set the girls rooms up with their new bedding and accessories and put some furniture together.

There was also a steady stream of tradies coming and going- we got a different bath spout, stacker doors were serviced to open smoothly, got a tv aeriel, and finally our kitchen end panel and overhead doors arrived (with no scratches this time). :)

 Scratched end panel removed

 Flooring cut to allow for new end panel

New end panel installed

This week I've bought a new coffee table and side table for the family room, got our new dining table and chairs and picked up our youngest daughter's new bed, mattress and bedside table. It's been exciting to unpack bits n pieces I've bought throughout the year, some things I forgot I'd even bought lol! It's been so so much fun choosing furniture and decor for the house, but hey, who doesn't love spending money haha. I've spent the last couple of months looking for the perfect outdoor dining set and outdoor lounge and I think I've found the one (just gotta convince hubby).

We gave away our old lounge and sold our old dining table and chairs which did us well but were looking a bit dated. I also cleaned the old house where we were renting which was a huge effort with two bored kids driving me insane!

So tired, dreaming of the day everything is done so I can just relax with a cocktail...

More pics to come soon :)


2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh big congrats Fiona that's wonderful to hear....not the soreness though! Those floors look pretty special well done. Ah the joys of splurging out on new furniture it's like unwrapping xmas pressies all at once and it's not even christmas yet...woohoo lol.
    House looks beautiful, I'm so glad to hear that your kitchen has finally been fixed even if it's taken 3 weeks or so.
    Enjoy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The floors were definitely a major headache but they look great! Yep, it's soo exciting buying new stuff for the house and planning what we can do next.Still so much to do but it's starting to feel a bit like a home now. xx

    ReplyDelete